Saturday, November 1, 2008

Working for a living...

For the past ten years I have worked at a preety good place.

The best part of taking this job was having weekends off.

I always worked weekends from the time I held a job: McDonalds, car wash, hotel, radio stations, rental places...all of them had weekend hours.

So the joy of a Saturday off was pretty cool!

Now I wish I worked! LOL!

OK, not really, but our weeknds are so filled I might as well.

The kids have bowling, they used to have soccer, there are always one get together or another...it just goes on and on.

The worst is housework.

I'm just not the "handyman" type.

Yet I find myself doing all those little things I don't know how to do!

Luckily my dad can do just about anything and today he helped (read as: did it himself) frame our new sidewalk and is coming back tomorrow to mix and pour the sidewalk.

So that will be Saturday and Sunday gone again.

But in the end it will be something done that needed done and it will be over.

Then next weekend I can relax...I think.

~ Glenn

No comments: