Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Across the Universe...

I'm a space geek.

Nerd, dork, whatever.

I've been fascinated with outer space and space travel for as far back as I can remember.

I watched the entire Cosmos series when it first aired...AND read the book that came out afterward.

I would read anything I could get my hands on about the planets and the stars and deep space.

Some of my favorite movies of all time involved other worlds and space aliens and questions that can't be answered!

So it is that lately I have been catching a lot of stuff about the Universe on television.

It helps that with the advance of digital cable I have 100 channels to pick from, but it seems like there is a new show on weekly about the different theories on dark matter, space travel, UFO's, aliens, string theory, etc.

And I have found myself loving it still!

What does that I wonder?

Both of my parents were readers, so I probably picked up something from that.

Some of the earliest books on the subject of space I remember were my dad's. And he has always had an interest in UFO's and aliens also...so I probably got that from him too.

But this fascination also leads to a lot of stress too! LOL!

When you look at how small we (as humans and the Earth itself) is in the grand scheme of things you can get a real inferiority complex!

Plus there are so many things out there that can go wrong and kill us all...and we have no control over it.

If you sat around and focused just on that stuff it would really be a depressing life! LOL!

Luckily there are so many wonderful things in the Universe that you can find enough joy in the beautiful things to over-ride the feeling of imminent doom!

~ Glenn

No comments: