Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Super Bowl Shuffle

Six-burgh!

The six-pack!

One for the other thumb!

Call it what you want it was a finish for the ages and a game that no Steeler fan will forget!

First things first...the Cardinals played one heck of a game and if they had won it would have been fair and square. Their history may not be much (no championships since 1947) but they have some classy players and a good coaching staff.

Now on to celebrating!

First (again) the records:


Mike Tomiln becomes the youngest coach in a Super Bowl and the youngest coach to WIN a Super Bowl!


The Steelers (who were the first team to win four super bowls) become the only team to win SIX Super Bowls. For perspective here: The Steelers have one 6 of the 43 games played...13%. Fifteen teams in the league have NEVER won a Super Bowl.


James Harrison set a record with the longest play in the history of the Super Bowl. A rumbling 100 YARD INTERCEPTION RETURN FOR A TOUCHDOWN!!!!


Now the fun stuff:


What a game! For the last Super Bowl the Steelers were in I was so nervous I couldn't even drink!


This time I was more relaxed and with a 17-7 half time lead and the Cardinals looks unworthy it was a fun time!


Then things got out of hand...quickly.


My main thought as the Cardinals scored the go ahead touchdown? Man the Larry Fitzerald is fast!!!


So with just over two minutes left I was hanging head and ready to give up. Something I have never done during the playoffs.


I went to the bathroom and as I was looking the mirror I could not process the thought that the Steelers might lose! It couldn't happen!


I started asking for some sort of miracle.


I started talking to people I knew were on the other side to pull some strings!


Anything!


And they did it! The Steelers drove down the field and won the game!


Of course I though it might have cost me my soul...until I realized that there were probably a lot of other people doing the same thing!


I just hope there was someone else they wanted more than me!


So the celebration went long in to the night and we Steeler fans will bask in it for quite some time!


How long, you ask?


As a Steeler fan I can say that we will believe in our team until they eliminated next season...when and IF that happens!


Congratulations Steelers and thank you for ANOTHER great season!


Oh...and one more thing:

~ Glenn

No comments: