Thursday, February 12, 2009

Birthday



Another one! LOL!

Today my one and only Godchild turns seven years old!

Alex is the first born of my only sister.

Really, when you think about it being a Godparent is quite the accomplishment.

It means that someone ELSE thinks you are going to be good enough to raise THEIR kid if anything ever happens to them! LOL!



When my grandmother passed away a few years ago I met my mother's Godfather at the funeral home. I told him that my mother (then in her 50's) was now his responsibility. I mean does your responsibility ever end? Am I going to be responsible for Alex when he's older?



That's a lot of pressure!


Still all of my nieces and nephews are a treasure to me. Each has their own unique personality and bring something different into my life as I am sure they do for their own parents.



~ Glenn

1 comment:

Pete said...

I agree, being a grandparent is an accomplishment, but its one you will look forward too. Grandkids are so much eaisier than your own kids because you never have to dicipline them. They love ya because your Pop Pop & Mom Mom.