Saturday, October 18, 2008

The saga begins


So why would I celebrate the year before I turn 40?


A couple reasons:


1) I never planned to live that long! For years my running joke was that I didn't expect to live past 40 and now with the date just one short year away I'm starting worry that I was either right ...or wrong! Either way I'm screwed!


2) Why not? I know that sound over simplistic, but its true. I plan to enjoy every day until next October 18th (and hopefully beyond) as a way of helping others ease into their 4th decade.


As the year unfold I'll be posting every day.


Some will be short thoughts, others will be my typical long diatribes on whatever has set me off that day.


I encourage everyone to share their thoughts on getting older, er better.


Like any life there will be ups and downs and I look forward to every one of them!


So, since it IS my birthday I'm going to take the rest of the day off!

No comments: