Saturday, October 24, 2009

School Days

Here's the Friday Five!

Yes, I know its Saturday night...I was busy! Heck I haven't even had time to decide what I'm going to start calling the blog now that I've already turned 40!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I had heard that it was homecoming week at WVU this weekend and it got me thinking about songs that are associated with the local sports teams.



West Virginia, for example, has adopted this song from John Denver as their theme over the years.


Much closer to home The University of Pittsburgh also had their homecoming this weekend. I had to reach out to an old friend and ask if there was a song they used to get the fans up or something they called their own....and he came through for me!
(And kudos to the guy who did that video!)


Once you get to the pro teams its a lot easier!


Starting with the Pirates...yes they are pros...its hard to believe its been 30 years since Pittsburgh won a World Series. OK, not that hard to believe. But back then there was a real family feel between the team and the city.


(By the way...best use of this song since 1979? Right here!)

Onward and upward and I'm not sure the reigning Stanley Cup Champions, your Pittsburgh Penguins, still use this song as Gary Glitter ran into a little bit of trouble in the recent past.


And of course there is the six-time and current Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers with their 4th quarter anthem!


So there you have it! The Friday Five!

Enjoy and if you have any suggestions for a future list drop me a line or leave a comment!

~ Glenn

No comments: